- Elementary class size will increase to the same
size as Allen's. Lovejoy secondary class size will probably be greater
- Our tax rates are going up! Allen's tax rate will
drop long before ours will. Ours may never come down.
- No commercial tax support for Lovejoy schools.
LISD residents bear 97% of the tax burden. AllenISD residents bear only
- Will the current decrease in home values affect
Lovejoy's projected budget based on 8-10% yearly property value increase?
- If the Lovejoy school district fails or does not
perform well, how much will your property value fall? Will you be able
to sell your home and leave the district?
- Our board is considering pulling back current
8th graders and below in their senior year(2006). Current 10th graders
could be pulled back if Allen chooses not to continue to educate our
kids at a loss after 2004. Until you see a signed transition agreement
between our districts your kids are at risk!
- Allen committed to building a second high school
by 2007 if we consolidate.
- How will Lovejoy meet mandated Federal requirements
at the secondary level for special needs kids. Can they afford to?
- 6th graders will be housed in the same building
as 12th graders.
- What resources and training will be available
to our teachers?
- Does our board and administration have experience
in building, staffing and operating a secondary school?
Get answers to these questions Oct 22nd, 7PM Curtis Middle School
and Oct 24, 7PM, Lovejoy Elementary at the joint Allen/Lovejoy
Get the objective facts
and read what your community says at the only site that allows you to
see what's being said. www.hartlovejoy.com